Guest Blogging Day 1

By 10:43 AM



Hello to all of the lovely Secret Confessions of a Young Wife readers that
I'm reaching today. I'm Hannah of A Cup of Subtle Tea blog and I am thrilled
to be filling in for Ashton while she is out of town!

Just a bit about me: I blog about my new
life in Virginia after relocating from

the West Coast with my boyfriend,
James. I am a crafter, baker, planner,

diyer and all around silly pants
enjoying
life in a new city and spending way

to much time inside. 




Today I wanted to share with you a lovely DIY project I made recently
as a gift for one of my oldest friends. She is getting married in November
and I am a bridesmaid in the wedding. Unfortunately, right after I found
out I was going to be in the wedding, James and I got the news about our
move which would mean I was going to miss the bridal shower. *sad face*

So I did what any crafty person would do... I made treats! I wanted to
send something delicious that fit her shower theme. Since I was known
as a baker in my circles back home I decided on making a variety of baked
goods such as cupcakes, mini key lime pie and apple pie cakes.

These are so easy to make you wouldn't even believe it! You can use
any recipe that you would bake for normal cupcakes or other dishes.
 1. Sterilize your jars. 2. Make batter according to your recipe. 3. Fill
jars 1/3 way (this will leave room for the cake to rise & for frosting).
4. Let your jars cool on the counter, sealed, until room temperature
(putting them in the fridge to soon can risk shattering the glass).
5. Top with frosting, seal back up and put in the fridge.

Want to try a new frosting flavor? 



Next is decorations! I personally recommend setting up some form
of an assembly-line production. Leaving options to switch it up when
your fingers get sore from sewing. I promise, it happens!
For the beach theme I decided to embroider felt seashells to card
stock paper to decorate the lids. Then I used cream card stock to
cut out seashells. On the reverse side you can write what flavor that
jar holds! Use a paper punch or paper needle to make a hole for your
twine and then tie it just under the lip of the jar.




Add some harvest color excelsior or colored paper that has been
shredded to a 12x12in square of transparent wrap. I used green and tan
to look like seaweed and sand! Set the jar on top of the excelsior,
gather the wrapping up at the top of the jar and use one last piece of

twine to seal it up. There you have it! DIY Cupcake in a Jar - Beach Theme.




Thank you so much for having me, Ashton. If anyone is interested in
learning more about me, or my little corner of the internet, you can find me

You Might Also Like

0 lovely little thoughts

Thanks so much for reading, every comment truly makes my day!

I ♥ comments ...