Guest Blogging Day 4

By 1:29 PM


"An Enchanting Sweet Treat"

Sadly, I'm not very good at crafting and DIY projects. My brain and hands don't seem to connect, so nothing comes out the way I envision it. Seriously, I can't even cut in a straight line with scissors! My kindergarten teacher would be so disappointed. However, I'm a huge foodie and am always looking for fun new recipes to try out. Here's one I tried from my Disney Princesses Cupcakes and Morecookbook. (It's definitely my favorite cookbook.) This is a great one to try while it's technically still "summer." 



Pink Lemonade Cupcakes
1 package (about 18 ounces) white cake mix without pudding in the mix
1 cup water
3 egg whites
1/2 cup plus 1/4 cup thawed frozen pink lemonade concentrate, divided
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
5 to 8 drops red food coloring, divided
4 cups powdered sugar
1/3 cup butter, softened
Lemon slice candies (optional)

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 24 standard (2 and 1/2 inch) muffin cups with paper baking cups.
2. Beat cake mix, water, egg whites, 1/3 cup lemonade concentrate, oil and 4 to 6 drops food coloring in large bowl with electric mixer at medium speed 2 minutes or until well blended. Spoon batter evenly into prepared muffin cups.
3. Bake 18 to 22 minutes or until toothpick inserted into centers comes out clean. Cool cupcakes in pans 5 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
4. Beat powdered sugar, butter and remaining 1/4 cup lemonade concentrate in medium bowl with electric mixer at medium speed until well blended. Beat in remaining 1 to 2 drops food coloring until desired shade of pink is reached. 
5. Spread frosting over cupcakes. Garnish with candies and straws if desired.

Happy baking!

~ Angela

You Might Also Like

3 lovely little thoughts

  1. Oops...when I wrote this it technically was still "summer." I know it's fall now, but this is still a yummy treat to try!

    ~ Angela
    grahamandangela.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. my brain and my hands don't really connect on the artistic and creative front too! ;)

    <3, Mimi
    http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/
    Stages of Beauty Giveaway :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know how you feel. It's a real curse to love such a fine art and not be able to produce it. :S

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for reading, every comment truly makes my day!

I ♥ comments ...