Myrtle Beach Bachelorette Party "By Courtney"

By 6:04 PM

Alright guy's it is blog swap fun...This is Courtney's guest post from over at http://thejoyofdecorating.com/ Check her out she has an awesome blog!!

Is there anything that says summer more than a trip the the beach? I think not. As I was preparing a summer story for this blog swap I headed over to visit my partner's site, Confessions of a Young Wife, and couldn't believe that not only was she an NC girl (Hollla!) she was also headed to the beach I just returned from! I'd like to consider this a pre-post to her potential post-Myrtle wrap-up. The only difference between my post and the potential post from Ashton -- I was in Myrtle Beach for my best friend's bachelorette party.

When my girls and I got to our beachfront hotel on Friday afternoon after a sudden summer downpour we decided we needed to load up on supplies for our weekend extravaganza. We headed to the liquor store (duh) and the Bi-Lo (yay!) to get everything girls will need for a weekend of partying -- pre mixed margaritas and PB&J sandwich supplies! 

After shopping, the bride was ready to get dinner and head out to the karaoke bar as soon as possible. I can't believe how much fun it is just to WATCH people sing karaoke, although I'm still disappointed they never called me and one of my girls up for our song -- "Push It" by Salt & Pepa. The evening ended with all of us laughing hysterically as the bride tried to break open her bachelorette party pinata. I'm pretty sure we didn't even fill it with anything.

The next day we headed to the beach where we shared more laughs and memories (and a few odd sunburns). We had mexican food at a place called Burro Loco, which I highly recommend, and then went shopping before we headed back out to the karaoke bar. Somehow we managed to meet the same people that we saw there the night before. Of course we also found out they lived in same city as us. It's such a small world. Oh and did I mention, we had our friend Bill, the limo-taxi driver take us back to the hotel in a white stretch limo. We are so baller!

Sunday was the end of the fun so we headed out the beach one last time. We grabbed a bite to eat and did some last minute shopping before making the trek back home. When we got back to the bride's house and separated out a trunk full of luggage into everyone's cars we hugged in the parking lot.

Now it's like we'll never see each other again, in fact I hang out with those ladies pretty regularly, but this weekend was special. It is the end of an era and the beginning of a new one -- hopefully an even better one. Our friend will be a Mrs. soon. She is starting a new life and a family with someone she loves. She isn't the first to get married and she won't be the last, but her wedding is more than just a union, it's a symbol that we are all growing up. And through all the laughter and fun of the bachelorette beach weekend I learned the best part about growing up is all the memories you make along the way.

(Courtney's On The Left)+(Bride's On the Right)=Fun Times
   Like her style?? Check her out over at http://thejoyofdecorating.com/

You Might Also Like

0 lovely little thoughts

Thanks so much for reading, every comment truly makes my day!

I ♥ comments ...